Laminators Incorporated Releases Videos for New Field-Fabricated Installation Systems
1-Piece, Tight-Fit Moldings, Clip & Caulk ™ and Omega CI® Rigid Substrate Videos Now Available
Laminators Inc. is the first manufacturer to develop fully designed, integrated and tested aluminum composite material (ACM) panel and installation systems. Their new and improved field-fabricated installation systems provide designers and installers the optimal solution for the challenges associated with achieving a code-compliant exterior wall envelope.
ACM panels are commonly used as the aesthetic covering for the exterior wall portion of a building envelope. The exterior wall envelope plays a multifunctional role in the performance of the overall building envelope and must accomplish the following:
• Manage moisture flow (liquid water and water vapor) through the exterior wall
• Minimize the impact of exterior air temperature on interior conditioned space
• Retain the majority of building-generated heat or conditioned air
• Control the spread of fire across the exterior
• Provide structural support for an aesthetic veneer system
Laminators’ new back-drained and ventilated, field-fabricated installation systems (1-Piece, Tight-Fit Molding; Clip & Caulk™) use aluminum extrusions as sub-framing members to create a 7/8"-deep cavity behind the panel veneer.
This provides a number of benefits:
• Additional cavity space improves air flow
• A drainage path is easily achieved through gaps in the aluminum sub-framing members
• Maintains the aesthetic familiarity of Laminators’ legacy systems while refining system performance through improved moisture management and the allowance for air exchange
Let’s talk more about the installation systems—The 1-Piece, Tight-Fit Molding system offers a traditional yet high-tech appearance. The aluminum moldings used to encapsulate panel edges are available in both flat and reveal styles, providing two different aesthetic options for installation. The Clip & Caulk system provides the traditional look of a shop-fabricated wet seal system without the added hassle and cost of panel fabrication. For both systems, the back-drained and ventilated sub-framing provides enhanced system performance through improved moisture management and increased ventilation.
When combined with Laminators’ new Omega CI® product, the installation system offers an effective solution for veneer installations over continuous insulation while balancing thermal performance, water management, and fire resistance code requirements. Omega CI is a rigid insulation panel comprising a closed-cell polyiso foam core bonded to a premium performance coated glass backer and a 5/8” fire-treated plywood face.
The 1-Piece, Tight-Fit Molding and Clip & Caulk installation systems are both compliant with the NFPA 285 standard for multi-story fire testing for installations over Omega CI and exterior-grade, glass-mat faced gypsum sheathing.
To learn more about these installation systems and rigid substrate, visit Laminators YouTube channel to watch the new videos.