1-Piece, Tight-Fit Molding
The new and improved Back-Drained and Ventilated 1-Piece, Tight-Fit Molding installation system offers a traditional yet high-tech appearance at an affordable cost. Aluminum moldings used to encapsulate panel edges are available in both flat and reveal styles, providing two different aesthetic options for installation. The new back-drained and ventilated sub-framing provides enhanced system performance through improved moisture management and increased ventilation.
When combined with our new Omega CI (optional component), the installation system offers an effective solution for veneer installations over continuous insulation while balancing thermal performance, water management, and fire resistance code requirements.
The 1-Piece, Tight-Fit Molding installation system is compliant with the NFPA 285 standard for multi-story fire testing for installations over Omega CI and exterior-grade, glass-mat faced gypsum sheathing.
Note: click on the images below for larger versions.
Features & Benefits
- Fully-integrated, high-performing wall system
- Easy solutions to code conflicts (NFPA 285, Continuous Insulation) - NFPA 285 compliant for multi-story buildings*
- Eliminates complex detailing associated with most proprietary solutions
- Durable and maintenance free - Since the extrusions are designed to encapsulate sealants, there are no exposed sealants and no maintenance
- Faster finished wall assembly with reliable scheduling
- Panel installation time is greatly reduced because Omega-Lite® can be erected immediately after the sheathing crew has finished prepping the wall
- Omega-Lite systems install directly to Omega CI’s plywood sheathing (Omega CI is optional) - removes complex detailing and extensive planning associated with most proprietary solutions for installation of ACM veneer systems over continuous insulation
- Sub-framing components can easily be adjusted during construction providing installers with the flexibility necessary for a successful installation
- Versatile - Omega-Lite panels offer a highly decorative, strong, and durable surface finish for exterior wall surfaces
- Gives designers and installers the freedom to choose any air and water barrier product that can be installed over plywood sheathing (NFPA 285 requirements were met using Barritech VP)
- Virtually all system components are available from Laminators Inc., making us your one-stop shop
With outstanding features such as exceptional strength and durability, ease of installation, and the flexibility of custom colors, Omega-Lite is the premier choice in aluminum composite material for a variety of architectural projects across the United States and Canada.
*Refer to NFPA 285 compliant CAD drawings